Sunday 14 January 2018

Needs Assessment

Needs Assessment for Adult Learners Engaging in my Workshops:
Where
When
How
Performed by the student at home using a questionnaire that they receive through email, that they would submit directly with Google Docs
Right before the start of the workshop week or when a participant engages in the workshop
Using survey questionnaires with pictures (especially since the organization has funding for a very specific purpose – which is employment).  There is restriction on the topics and skills that we can cover within the workshops


Here is a Questionnaire for Beginners that could be used for needs assessment for my learners

From: http://www.cal.org/caela/tools/program_development/elltoolkit/Part2-5NeedsAssessment&LearnerSelf-Evaluation.pdf 

Personally, I teach employability skills to learners that are aiming to secure a position as a sewing machine operator for Canada Goose.  I facilitate workshops that aim to increase their employability skills and job retention, and that really dives into aspects of their lives that can make it challenging to keep their jobs.  Therefore, the needs assessment above is chance to get to know my learners and give me a chance to know exactly what they need from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment