Saturday 10 November 2018

Unit 5 Blog Post

I think it's so important to learn and collaborate with others.  There are times when facilitators or educators become very protective of their workshops and materials, and would like to resist change.  I believe that when you do receive constructive feedback and options on how to improve your materials, it is an opportunity to give our learner's the best learning experience.

Perhaps the most valuable resource that I have taken out of my courses is my network -- networking really enabled me to expand my skills and knowledge.  Designing workshops with others enabled me to research and access resources that I might not have thought to without the help of my fellow educators.  My collaboration with my colleague led me to pursue further training in Plain Language and another collaboration has led me to discover Socrative and Plick-It.

More importantly, I also realized that we can learn from our students, which I also think is fairly important especially when we plan out lessons and design materials.  Perhaps the most important source of information are our learners, because they can let us know what helps and what does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment